Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A visual explanation of some ideas

Happy Wednesday!  Notice any changes around here?  Kristen did a gorgeous blog redesign for me!  I had so much fun working with her on TRL that I just knew she would be the perfect person to do some work around here.  She can redesign you blog too, go visit her to find out more!

I decided today that the best way to really refine our vision is to show you some of the visions that are bouncing around in my head.  I've never seen the kind of the wedding I am picturing in my head... so I did what any self respecting blogger does, and I turned to Pinterest to start to put the pieces together.

First off, the launching point for this entire dream was a photo op idea... I really wanted to have the bridal party doing the tug of war.  Much as I wish I could say it would be the first time it's been done, I can't:


Source: loft3pd.com via Kristen on Pinterest


In my defense, I didn't find an actual picture of this being done until I went looking last night... I really thought that I was doing something really "off the wall".

That sparked visions of this...




I really want people to feel like they're on a picnic, complete with yummy food, games, and a relaxed atmosphere.  Sitting on the ground will be optional, though encouraged.

My dress does not lend itself to a traditional veil... and my hair is short, so there aren't a lot of style choices.  Thus, I'm really drawn to something like this...



Last, but not least:  a glimpse into food.  I'm choosing to balk the tradition of a wedding cake.  I'm refusing to consider cupcakes.  Instead, I want to have a gorgeous spread of delicious, standard cakes.  Homemade, and the flavors that are family and friend favorites.  Right now, we are searching high and low for the perfect Apple Kuchen, my Grandfather's favorite.  This recipe looks promising:



Are you starting to see the vision at all?  Stick with us, I promise there are even more twists, turns, and surprises coming soon!

Linking up today with The Vintage Apple


2 comments:

  1. i too just got my blogged designed by kristen.. isnt she wonderful! love your wedding ideas..especially the picnic aspect.. looks like it is going to be a beautiful day!
    annalizbeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that chevron picnic blanket! Also, that little veil that bridge is wearing is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! They're like extra-thoughtful, free early wedding presents =)