Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting registered

Happy Monday!  Now that we are under the "8 months to go" benchmark in wedding planning, The Knot tells me that I have 190 tasks to complete for our wedding this month.  You know what I have to say to that?  Well, I'm trying to be a lady here, so I can't tell you specifically.  However, it's safe to say that it involves colorful language most often employed by the most stalwart of sailors.  Why every single vendor needs to be booked 8 months in advance with contracts signed is beyond me.

One of the items on their 8 month to-do list is to start the wedding registry.  The concept of a wedding registry is difficult for me.  I mean, you're essentially telling people, "So, I know that you've already graciously changed your schedule, and arranged travel to our special day, BUT in addition to all that, there is quite a bit of crap that we would like for you to provide us with, so here is our 15 page list of things we want.  Thanks so much."  Nevertheless, my friends and family have all been strongly encouraging me to start putting together my registry, really focusing on the items we'll need, not just the items that everyone else would put on their registry.  So, slowly but slowly, I'm trying to come up with the backbone of my registry wish list.  Instead of limiting myself to just one or two stores, while I'm trying to figure out what we actually need, I'm picking items from all over, and then putting them into a pinterest pin board.  Once I know what I need, then I guess I'll make the hard decisions about what stores to register with.  Until then, I'm going to race yo with the "OMG I need" items gracing my pin board:




Source: kohls.com via Kristen on Pinterest


Source: westelm.com via Kristen on Pinterest


Source: kohls.com via Kristen on Pinterest


So, a question for all of you married ladies out there:  What did you register for that you wish you hadn't?  What did you not register for that you wish you had?

1 comment:

  1. I did not register for a stand mixer, but I did receive one as a wedding gift. If you don't have one, register for one! You won't regret it! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! They're like extra-thoughtful, free early wedding presents =)