Thursday, April 11, 2013

New and Blue

I'm slowly falling in love with the tradition of "something old, new, borrowed, and blue".  Traditions aren't necessarily something that is important to me, especially superstitious traditions, but for whatever reason, I like this one.

While my bridal party was in town last weekend, we went on a mission to find shoes and jewelry for the Bridesmaids.  Well, beads for the jewelry, since my mom is making custom jewelry for all of the girls.  But what we're really talking about today is the shoes.  We decided to hit up Off Broadway Shoes, on the recommendation of the best Maid of Honor there ever was.

Our main goal was to find shoes for the bridesmaids so that we could take accurate dress fitting measurements over the weekend as well.  Apparently, shoes are incredibly important to tea length dress fittings.  We were successful.  So successful, in fact, that 6 different WOMEN agreed upon the perfection of one pair of shoes.  Can you believe that math?  I couldn't, especially since it's pretty much the only thing we all agreed upon for the whole weekend.  Here are the winners:

They are beyond perfection.  The cloth part is actually a mesh with the flowers embroidered in.  And they are romantic and subtle, everything that a bridesmaid's outfit should be (in my opinion.  No magenta up in here!).

There was a secondary goal that day too:  Find this bride to be some shoes for her special day!  I knew I wanted something not too tall, colored, and more delicate.  The skirt of my dress is going to be a very full tea length, and I wanted something sweet peeking out underneath. 

I love that they're shiny.  I love that they're sling-backs.  Ammon loves that they're blue.  We both love that the heel isn't too terribly high.  In short, they're practically pefect in every way.

Note to self:  get some color prior to the wedding day.

We also found some adorable shoes for me to wear for the reception, seeing as there is no way I'm wearing heels for 5 hours.  But they're going to stay a secret for now, since I forgot to take a picture, and I'm too lazy to pull them out for a blog post.  Secret shoes are fun, right???

So those are the wedding shoes!  We love them, I hope you do too.

1 comment:

We love your comments! They're like extra-thoughtful, free early wedding presents =)